May 21, 2009

Junebug

I lay on the ground watching beetles scuttle past,
While winds tickle the underbellies of leaves to dance,
And a cloudless sky appears so vast.

I find my mind distracted in a trance,
Of shimmering sequins, soft silks and satin,
With hopes to find cloth with qualities which enhance.

Self conscious girlies who wish to flatten,
Burly bellies with pleated layers or frumpy ruffles,
On dresses bought and imported from Manhattan.

Hot damn those tricky chocolate truffles.
Who lured me to distort my girlish shape,
Now I remain here while my guy friend shuffles.

Oh my, oh dear, fleeting time attempts to escape,
While fittings, hair appointments and makeovers take place,
Perhaps I could just hide this gut with some tape?

My final choice is a golden green gown lined with lace,
But to match the shoes and jewelry costs me double,
Twenty thousand worth for one night to embrace.

That blue back beetle bursts my bubble,
I forgot that I chose not to attend prom.
Nope, I'm just sans constricting trouble.

Decidedly yours,
~Chiko!

No comments: