April 26, 2008

Career of the Year

There comes a point in life where we all must make a grave decision that can change the path we walk for the rest of our lives. It [i]is[/i] a four year long period of time we have to make that evidently minor choice, but all in all it seems to rush up to our face like a calm ocean ripple ascending into a tsunami. To choose the occupation that will be most enjoyable, tolerable and notably profitable is a daunting task for any student.

For the longest time I desired to become a Veterinarian. Working with animals, taking care of them, keeping them healthy. It was the job for me, no doubts about it. Or so I thought, considering my allergy to cats pondered differently.

My most recent career aspiration has been that of a Video Game Designer. Modeling the characters, scenery, and any other miscellaneous objects through out the game. To see my name under Animators as the ending credits scroll by after an
Über gamer has beaten my game. One that has reached the Top Sellers charts and is demanded by nerds alike across the globe. Although after researching what the program demands and what the limitations on numbers are, I realized that I should demise out a back up plan in case numero uno plummets and hits rock bottom. Following being told that I am efficient at creative writing, I divulged into journalism and added writers craft to the cue of courses I have lined up for next year.

Now I find myself trucking through the school work to pull up my grades even higher into the 90s. I hope that high grades will make me stand out among the entries to the interactive arts and science courses I wish to pursue in University, giving me a fighting chance to be accepted into a study that actually might interest me(more so then anything else that I consider myself not so proficient at).

Creatively yours,
~Chiko<3

No comments: