June 11, 2009

And Otherwise...

(this is the post script I wrote for my Writers Craft anthology)

It seems the joy of writing our wonderfully satisfying parting message has befallen the likes of one such as myself. I shall put forth my most sincerest efforts to avoid your cliché post script of “We had a fun year, will miss you all, hugs and kisses, yours truly.” No, that is not at all my style. Its mud icing on a dirt cake, nothing appealing or excitingly tasteful about it. Also, it would be a stain on my reputation as the sardonic student who consistently returns the gibes to our witty and nonetheless caustic teacher. Perhaps I lack the inspiration or the proper mindset to write a heartfelt postscript piece. But, it almost seems befitting that I am the master behind this particular work. I like to call myself a human thesaurus, but words might not be enough to describe the many adventures of my fellow linguistic entrepreneurs. From chatting to composing, our individual minds, as unique in physical and alike in essence they are, synced to create masterpieces such as the one we devoted to our beloved Curtains.

We endeavored to aid our teacher in discovering the miracles and anomalies of his newly acquired iPhone. The shiny black electronic inspired the theme for this very anthology, as you may or may not have noticed. Despite the passion, even the greatest of inspirations can lose to the vicious monster we dubbed Writers Block. For every obstacle set before us, from sestinas to villanelles, we worked independently and cooperatively to accomplish victory. On a side note, I believe Writers Block is attempting to squirm into this very masterpiece, but I digress. We suffered confusion in disrupted environments; apparently other English classes thought not of us as they rearranged our desks on multiple occasions. But no challenge was too great to heed our creative writings. Through sleet and snow, sun and storm, we weathered up hill both ways!

The white horse’s leap over the fence lead us on our journey through the course. Rather than telling our stories, we showed our stories to our audiences through words. We could spin a tale in as short as 55 words, or produce satires whose length numbered in the thousands. As your stereotypical class would, we gawked and booed over every amounting assignment, but fulfilled each task with originality and dedication. Now, I shall avoid any concluding statements; such as “Let’s continue to follow the white horse on our path to becoming wonderful, successful, creative writers!” Why follow the white horse when we can follow the white rabbit? He has the time of day, if you are quick enough to catch him. So let us leave him alone and come forth from the rabbit’s hole to break the barriers of ingenuity!

Yours Truly,
Chiko.

No comments: