December 19, 2008

Happy Holidays

A blizzard be upon us, or at least one heck of a storm. For all you kiddies who wish for a white holiday, I think you shall get that after all. The snow is falling quick and heavy enough that by the time I reach the end of the driveway, I practically have to start all over again. There is also the annoying brother who finds joy in jumping amongst the snow berms now piled sky high at the side of our driveway. The shovels full tumbling back down taunt that the path I cleared was completely in vain. The wind is just absurd, whisking the crisp snowflakes in currents through the air. Not to mention the snowplows have yet to show their grimacing faces down my street, leaving the driving conditions less than favorable.

With that said, I would like wish Happy Holidays to those who consistently, or inconsistently, read my blog. The consumer holiday is upon us in full force. Beware of shopping fanatics with bargainers rage and preachers who argue for Christmas instead of Xmas. If you look at it, Christmas is not so much a religious holiday anymore as it is about shiny new gadgets wrapped in abundance of colorful sheets of paper and fancy ribbons beneath the over-cluttered evergreen tree. For me, I have no personal attachment to either. I could do without the Christmas movie rerun marathons, the overly religious Christmas traditions ,the decorations that swamp and swarm every nook in the house and the caroling tunes which really drill into my brain.

This be less of an intense rant as ones that reign from the previous season, but my not-apparent-to-some irritations remain equivalent. For the time being, only Wizards in Winter is tolerable.

Enjoying the snow day,
~Chiko!

No comments: