January 13, 2009

At War With Work

At this time of night, there are multiple concepts that plague my still animated mind. While my body slumps into a state of lethargy, I squander about the occupants of my mind. With exams quickly approaching, an abundant amount of projects to be polished off and with the PS3 beside my laptop regrettably collecting the faintest layer of dust, I am compelled to make squat all of the tasks bear the front line of my priorities.

I feel incapacitated at the sight of the sociology work who's due dates loom dangerously near. My lack of motivation to complete this semester finds my feet wandering to a room where I stare at the largest white door in my house. I pull open the large handle and feel a brisk wall of cool air wasp by my face as I gaze upon the innards which is my fridge. My whole being is beckoned towards the alluring food, more so than ever. The craving for food has become more a result to comfort my perplexed mind than a necessity for survival. My worst enemy is my stomach and the abyss of which it is.

At this late hour I shall find myself meandering over to my bed where I expect sleep to wash over me like a brick wall.

I wish thee all adieu,
~Chiko.

No comments: