February 9, 2009

Do You See What I See?

To see the world from another person’s height would be similar to walking the world in another person’s shoes. I am closer to the ground. I stop to smell the flowers on a late afternoon stroll. I notice the ants scurrying along an invisible line, the beetles amongst tall blades of grass and caterpillars that nibble on leaves. I amuse myself with foot prints left in the mud as I walk through remnants of yesterday’s rain shower. The pebble bouncing with a tick-clack as I kick it down the sidewalk. I relish in my surroundings that only I could see. I beam up at my companion, his warm hand intertwined with my own, delighted with what I see around me. He is closer to the sky. He sees the wind tossing locks of my golden-red hair in swirls. He watches the sparrows performing pirouettes through the air. He notices the obscurely shaped clouds floating across the bright blue sky. He stops to pick vividly colored fruit from a tree for us to share. The subtle jump in my step creates a smirk which tugs at the corner of his mouth as he tries not to laugh at my joyous antics. I want to see the world through his eyes but cannot take for granted what I see with my own.

Enjoying life,
~Chiko<3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing piece, :) very well writen. You paint a great picture for the reader. Very good piece,
Keep up the great work.

Your friend :)

Anonymous said...

Built low to the ground for speed and accuracy?