February 1, 2009

Maple & Me

Early to bed, early to rise. An old saying that I find applies to me quite well. Regardless of when I crash, I seem to have a habit of waking up early. The ability to just lay in bed staring at a light-less space eludes me. Lucky for the dog, his Lazy-Bonez bed is placed in the only room where this halcyon mood could exist and his rhythmic snooze goes undisturbed.

This bright Sunday morning a notably reoccurring whim has me taking advantage of the large windows at the rear of my room. I now realize the benefits of Daylight Savings Time for people such as myself. Between the awkward group of evergreen trees just past the furthest corner of my elongated urban lot, I watch the orange winter sun rise and peek through the bristles as they're rustled in the wind. My white walls amplify the light which pours through my windows and adds to the freshness of my morning. Although the sun spots are annoying while trying to write following minutes of staring at that blinding but alluring ball of burning hydrogen.

Allowing myself to divulge in my mind, I tumble around concepts of stillness & silence. The occupants of my house lay quietly asleep in their beds, donned in probably an odd assortment of late night clothes. These moments of tranquility are what I enjoy most about the consequences of my nocturnal habits.

Alas, I am sad to say that my stomach is getting the better half of my blogging time, as apparently it is of the others' sleep. With the bustling of hairdryers and televisions disrupting my train of thought, the sun has hidden behind the thicker bough of the center tree.

Time to feed the monster that drives me,
~Chiko.

No comments: